45,000 Attend Christian Rally in Pakistan
And THEY SHOUTED,“JESUS,JESUS,JESUS!”
* SORRY ABOUT THE NON-CAPITALIZATION OF JESUS. THIS WON’T CAPITALIZE THE NAME WHEN IT IS A HEADLINE
At an event sponsored by World Quest , in the city of Lohore, Pakistan, 45,000 people gathered on one day to hear about and praise Christ. A govt. mandate against gatherings of 4 or more people and threats by Al Qaeda did not keep people from attending. Within a period of 7 days, 200,000 people attended and 152,000 gave their lives to Jesus Christ. Only 1% of Pakistan is Christian.
- 16,000 -20,000 Africans convert to Christianity everyday.
- There are 11 million Christians in Indonesia. 40 years ago there were only 1.3 M Christians in Indonesia.
- In China 10,000 people a day convert to Christianity in China.
*source The Asia Times 2007
- There are between 50-80 M Christians in China
*source The Arch Bishop of Canterbury
- “the number of Asian Christian faithful exploded to 351 million adherents in 2005, up from 101 million in 1970.”
*quote Time Magazine
- Only 16% of the world’s population is atheist.
The Numbers: Christians:2.1 Billion
Christians: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Judaism: 14 million
Bahai: 7 million