Lieberman Legislation Gives Obama Absolute Power To Shut Down The Internet
Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act, or PCNAA.
We already have Section 706 of the 1934 Communications Act, which authorizes the president to take control of “facilities or stations for wire communication” during times of war.
Co-sponsors, Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Thomas Carper (D-Del.)
Last year, Senators, Jay Rockefeller (D-W.V.) and no surprise here but also Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) came up with a similar but much more invasive senate draft S.773.
Snowe was the deciding vote that allowed the Health Care Bill to proceed through the senate to be voted on. Needless to say both senators applaud Liebermans bill that would give the president absolute power to shut down a major source of information for the people in this country.
……………and of course, need it be said another bureaucracy would absolutely be needed. This legislation would have to create yet another bureaucracy.
They Want Control of the internet NOW!
In the past year 19 bills, have been proposed by Democrats. Two have been sponsored by Republicans, Olympia Snowe of Maine and Bono of California.
This new agency of the Obama regime;
- Would create an Office of Cyber Policy in the White House with at least 2 deputy directors in charge, appointed by Obama
- Would create a new National Center for Cybersecurity and Communications (NCCC) at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- The directors and Homeland secuity would work closely with international diplomats, intelligence, the military, and law enforcement.
- private companies would be required to share infromation with our lord and masters, the Federal govt. or face a fine.
- Lieberman will allow these private companies immunity from lawsuits.
- Taxpayers will pay for any economic losses incurred by private business.
This legislation will increase the need for more cyber security products for the federal government. (wonder whose pockets this will grease)
Supporters of the bill are,” anti-virus software companies McAfee and Symantec; Karen Evans, former Administrator for E-Government and IT, Office of Management and Budget; Stewart Baker, former Assistant Secretary for Policy at DHS; the Intelligence and National Security Alliance; the Professional Services Council; and the Coalition for Government”, source,” Before it Was News
I knew Lieberman was a big phony when he ran for vice-president. Before that he rode a white charger and claimed he was against abortion. However his protection of the unborn changed, for a chance to be vice president of the U.S.A. He dropped his advocacy for the unborn quicker than a New York second passes.